Conquering Sanchez Peak!

Sunday, July 12, 2015



3 days after the hubby and I arrived from SG, my cousins had this crazy idea of going to Sanchez Peak, which is the highest peak where you can see the whole city of GenSan and Polomolok from above!

     

Believe me, we went through hell before we reached the top! The road going there was rocky and the rocks were slippery cos it’s limestones. I even fell of twice from Ali’s motorcycle! My cousin who’s a girl, brought her motorcycle too, and she slipped from the motorcycle… Oh I can’t even count how many times. But i’m so proud of her for she was strong enough to take the risk. It’s the most unusual and unique birthday party she ever had! The trail going up was really scary too! It’s narrow, slippery, and when you’re goin to look down it’s as if you’re gonna fall from the cliff. One mistake and we’re gonna fall and say bye bye to this crazy wonderful life. And no, I’m not exaggerating. For someone who’s afraid of heights, man I was glad that I survived!





But upon reaching the peak, it was really rewarding! What we went through paid off. GenSan and Polomolok was such a beauty from above! But I think it would be better at night cos of the city lights. I really admired the beauty and simplicity of greenery mountains. I wanted to sing and dance like in the movie Sound of Music! It’s also a bit windy up there and cold. If I could only build a cabin and stay there forever!

A good company and food made it even amazing! After a quick nap, it’s time to go home… And face the dreadful trail. And again we survived! Alhamdulillah!

Upon reaching a sari-sari store in Brgy. Conel, a man told us that it’s impossible to reach Sanchez Peak with motorcycles, hikers usually leave their bikes and just walk to reach the peak! Uh blame my cousin who insisted to take our motorcycles! Haha. Anyway, we’re just thankful enough to experience how to be afraid and taking risks at the same time.

Thank Allah I watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty that I became more of a risk taker!



Things I’ve learned from this crazy adventure:
    • Face the uncertainty of the future or the path that you’re going to walk. 
    • As the quote say: “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” 
    • Have the courage to take the risk and don’t be afraid to experience the sense of adventure. 
    • Be adventurous at least once in your life. 
    • Appreciate what Mother Nature gave us, and do our best to preserve it. 


"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, 
to see behind walls, draw closer, 
to find each other, and to feel. 
That is the purpose of life."


PS: The adventure happened last year, May 7, 2014. I unearthed it from my tumblr because some posts were unsuccessfully transfered. Looking back, it made me sad for it was the last adventure we had with our cousin before he passed away this April. This is a memory that I will surely treasure forever.

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Woww I'm proud of you! It looks like the hike was well worth it. Looking at your photos, the view is very pretty up there :)

    NICOLE'S NOTEBOOK - lifestyle, food, travel & beauty+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buti ka pa nka blog na about Sanchez Peak. My photos are 2 years old na. haha.
    Cheers to more mountains to climb!
    PS: download ka ng The Secret Life of walter Mitty OST for cool adventure tunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prang d ko na ata kakayanin sir lou! Hahaha. This was last yr pa. How do you do it?? Hihi.
      Yep, i have. I'm addicted to the song dirty paws :)

      Delete
  3. Photos, photos aah <3 So tempting. I'm happy you reached the top and you really took the risk no matter what, Ate. It was really worth it. Imagine sweating but when you reached the top, a very refreshing view and atmosphere follows.I wanna visit your place so bad. <3

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i can't do it again. Haha 3 hours or hiking gosh. Please if you have plans to visit gensan, let me know. I'll show you around :)

      Delete
  4. "Have courage to take the risk and don't be afraid to experience the sense of adventure" True that! I am not an adventurer, but I would love to be one at least once in my life. The view is very beautiful! I will hike again soon to experience the thrill. Lovely post

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really fun Joyce! I wanna go hiking soon too. I've never done this in awhile. Btw your blog looks like a Wordpress.org blog. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! It's tiring but refreshing. Yes, just revamped for a cleaner look hehe, i believe this is a wordpress inspired layout talaga.

      Delete
  6. But it's dangerous to go up there at night! There are no street lights and you wouldn't see where you're going! But I agree with you, just by looking at your pictures I can see that it truly is beautiful. You really have to go through difficult paths before you get your reward. Just like in life. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    Jenn
    Dresslink
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfully we went there around morning and arrived at the top around lunch time. We were able to go back before the night comes.
      I agree with you on that, the best doesn't come easy, we have to experience rain before we can see the rainbow. That's life.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the sweet words. ❤️

      Delete
  7. These beautiful photos made me miss Polomolok so much! Last time I went there, I was still in 5th grade. I know how it feels climbing up rocky mountains and how exhausting it is! Man, it was one of the challenging moments of my life. Glad you and your friends made it to the top! Are you looking forward for more adventures like this? :)

    xo, J | La Petite Fawn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i do but i dunno if i can still take it? Haha. But it's rewarding when you reach the top. The air is cool and fresh plus the beautiful scene is just perfect!

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful scene! These photos made me miss Polomolok so much. My mom's from the Dole Housing and the last time I went to South Cotabato, I was still in 5th grade! I really like how peaceful it is there :) I hope I can visit again soon!

    xo, J // La Petite Fawn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! I know that place! I love polomolok because of its peacefulness and i feel relaxed whenever i go there.
      I hope you can visit anytime soon. I love love love to meet the beautiful girl behind those beautiful words ❤️

      Delete
  9. great post...love the place :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this post again! It's moments like these that we'll never forget--the grueling climb up, the beautiful view at the end, and the people we were with :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted this in my tumblr last year but i guess this is worth reposting for. Thanks, Audrey! :) True! Everything's worth it if you spent it with such wonderful people

      Delete
  11. I also climbed a mountain peak last mont and it was indeed adventurous! Can't wait to try it again. Pretty scary and exhausting (it took us almost 10 hours walking around wholeday), but the view was indeed worth it. :) Glad you enjoyed this trek! Also, it's sad to hear about your cousin passing away. This is must be an unforgettable memory for you, ate Joyce.


    Mimi Gonzales | The Foxy Heroine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Woaa, 10 hours? I don't think I can do that. haha. BUt glad that you also tried hikinh, Mi. I miss your posts na! :)

      Delete
  12. The view looks really beautiful but the trip up sounds MEGA SCARY! :(((

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Majestic overlooking views right there <3 Followed you on Bloglovin.com
    Looking forward for more of your adventure posts.

    Hope you can visit my blog too & let me know your thoughts by dropping a comment :)
    xoxo,
    Ellaine Regala – Le Petite Wears <3
    http://www.lepetitewears.com
    Follow me on: Blog | Bloglovin | Facebook | Lookbook.nu | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe