THE READING HABITS TAG

Saturday, May 02, 2015



Books are my best friends, my security blanket, my ultimate love. And reading has become a need that I can't live without. I've stumbled about this tag on Alissa's blog and I was thinking it'll be fun to do this. To be honest, this has been sitting in my drafts for quite long now and I finally I now have the time to solely answer the following questions:

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Oh yes I do! I love reading while having a cup of coffee or tea in our front porch during early mornings and afternoons, and when it gets hot I move to my most favorite part of our home, my bedroom.

Where do you like to read?

I like to spend my time reading at coffee shops. Well, aside from food of course, the smell of coffee and cozy ambiance makes reading a wonderful experience.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

To be honest it's both. I am fond of using bookmarks but the thing is I always lose it, so a random piece of paper would do. Hahaha.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter / certain amount of pages?

It depends... When i'm really into that certain book it's hard to just stop so it's usually after a chapter or so.

Do you eat or drink while reading?

I do! A cup of coffee or soda. :)

Music or TV while reading?

Music of course. It's relaxing and the TV is just so destructive for me.

One book at a time or several at once?

One book at a time. I am the kind of reader who wouldn't read another book until I finish what i'm reading, and sometimes I take a break after reading a book to savor and internalize what I've read.

Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere. I'm not that picky with the place as long as I have my book with me i'm good to go.

Reading aloud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head. When i'm reading aloud I can't fully understand what i'm reading, I don't know why. Is that weird?

Do you read ahead or skip pages?

It depends. When i'm really inclined to that book I don't skip pages, in fact I read twice or thrice if there's a chapter or paragraph that I love.

Break the spine or keep it like new?

As much as I want to keep it new, it's hard not break the spine but i'm always trying not to.

Ebook or paperback?

Definitely paperback. Though I have lots of ebook in my ipad, I still prefer the real book. There's something with the smell and flipping through the pages of the real book. But if I can't find the paperback version, ebook is fine.

Do you write in your books?

No. As much as possible I keep it clean but if there's a quote or phrases that catches my eye I underline it with a pencil and I place a sticky note on that page.

Who do you tag?

Anyone who would love to do this! And I urge you do this especially if you're a bookworm :)

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Paperbacks are the best! But of course, due to my limited budget (since I'm still a student, haha) e-books would suffice... For now. :)

    Salvé at INDIE KITTY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, Salve. hehehe. And I hate how my fave books are not available in local bookstores :(
      Thanks for doing this tag btw :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you did this! :) My fave book so far is All The Bright Places

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do this in my next blog! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been into e-books before specially that there are books that I want that only e-books have because books are pretty expensive but as time passes by, I still have this connection towards the printed word and reading e-books worsen my eye problem. Thanks to my school library and friends who have those books which I want to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nothing beats the actual books. You're so lucky! :) During my college days, I was unlucky that our library had limited novel books :(

      Delete
  5. I did this tag today. I even mentioned you and Salve, Ate! Hihi :) I really enjoyed doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you thank you, Augustin. Ohhh love your name :)

      Delete

Subscribe